Remember that part in Billy Madison where Adam Sandler is standing on the side of the road singing about returning to school? Everything seems so great. He's going to prove to his dad that he is not a fool. He's got a lunch box packed with delicious treats.
I sort of feel like Billy Madison. Not in the "I'm about to begin Kindergarten" way, but in the "I am sort of old and starting school again" way. I think a couple of years off can do that to you.
Anyway, I don't really know if anyone is going to read this, but after reading for most of the weekend I realized I am going to need some sort of outlet to talk about school. And life. And sorry, sometimes law. But hopefully in a fun way that does not exclude those of you who have made the life choice not to subject yourself to law school. I respect you and your decision and also wonder if in the next few months I will come to envy your decision making skills.
In any case, I am at the point now where I am pretty excited about school. Nervous about all the work and all the things I am going to learn, sure, but also really looking forward to forcing myself to think in new ways and dive back into that library. Maybe i will look back at this entry in a month and laugh/cry/freak out about what I just said, but that is ok. Because it's all just part of the process (or at least, that is going to be my mantra from now on).
Thanks for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment