Last night I had a dream that I was on a boat in the middle of a very beautiful ocean. It was a stark contrast to the library and I liked it. However, I still had my laptop with me. Go figure.
No sooner did I have the chance to enjoy the view that I fell into the ocean.. with my laptop. I tried to hold it above my head and keep it away from the water while trying to tread and keep my own head above the waves... but I was not that successful. Someone jumped in to rescue me and when I got back onto the boat I eagerly opened the computer to see if it was ok. It was dry... but something was wrong.
The captain informed me that my laptop was ruined because a stingray had attacked and I guess shot out some poison? Do stingrays even shoot poison? Anyway, the Captain told me I was lucky I was not hurt. However, apparently THIS type of stingray gave you no hope of computer recovery.
"Really?!?" I asked desperately.
The captain shook his head sadly.
"This is the way of the ocean."
I looked at my computer. The screen was eerily blank and the keyboard was gone. Instead there was just weird brown haze over it, almost like it had been burned. Suddenly, the whole base peeled off and there were teeth and sticky things inside. Like innards. The screen turned on but it was all neon and looked like it was on some form of computer LSD.
I tried to think positively. Maybe my applecare would cover this! I did pay for the extra insurance!! But somehow I figured attack by stingray did not fall under the warranty...
And amid all this - the water, the attack, the teeth in the computer (???), I remember thinking "Well, at least I backed up my outlines yesterday"
Law school really does change the way you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment