Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Do not do anything that requires you to be awake and alert

I got dental surgery this morning and, in my goodie bag on the way out, a prescription for Vicodin. I've never taken this before but I'm very curious about its effects. Especially since I have close to 4 hours of class this afternoon. I googled "Vicodin side effects" and guess what one of the warnings is? "Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert."

Umm, hi - that is law school.

I told my (non-law-school) friend that I was worried about taking the drug and then being cold called in class. "Just say "I object!" alot," she suggested. "And then continue to slump over and drool."

Now I am faced with the problem: how does one email one's professor to say "Yes, I will be in class today, but I might not be there there so please don't call on me.... thank you"? Suggestions are appreciated.

2 comments:

rob said...

i know this is probably too late, but i was on vicodin during finals once in undergrag. needless to say, i did amazingly well (it was freshman year). i'd say go for it. it'll make you a bit loopy, which is fun.

L said...

Naturally, as you one and old dad, I would prefer you didn't take it unless absolutely necessary.
Love
Dad