Sunday, June 20, 2010

Texts from hell: part 1 of ???

Me:  Oh my god.  [Friend who will remain nameless], I got 2 out of 11 right on NYT contracts mult choice. SHOOT ME IN THE FACE. 
Friend: Its okay, I got lower than chance on one of the practice multiple choice sets today. So you're not the only who is fucked.
Me: I want to die :( this is the most demoralizing thing ever 
Friend: I hate it. And the worst part is that I can't focus. So I feel like a failure not just BC I suck but also BC I can't get anything done.
Me: i know. I am beginning to just feel swallowed up by all of it. helpppp.
Friend: Me too. There's no way to keep up. 
Me: can i interest you in dinner  on Wed. as something to look forward to??
Friend: Unless I kill myself first, let's say yes.
Me: same goes for me. If we cant find some sort of magic smart pill maybe we can at least find some hemlock...
Friend: The real socratic method.  Law students till the end!




*** Note: some people have expressed concern to me that it sounds like I am majorly depressed and in deep trouble.  While I may be in deep trouble, these posts are meant more in jest and as a way to vent frustrations than as an actual cry for help.  Though really, if you have any, ANY help, that would be really good for me to know about right about now.  But anyway, I am surviving and this blog is just one way for me to try to stay slightly sane.  I am not taking hemlock.  I promise.***

2 comments:

Randi said...

That "friend" sounds like me...but I didn't have this conversation with you....Did I??

Anna said...

I wish I could understand the agony of studying for the bar so I could give you empathy. Can I give empathy without knowing the torture? I really don't ever in my life want to take that test. But my hair smells like burnt brownies and I had to throw a pan AND the brownies away (with peanut butter chips). While I don't think that's a good enough reason to take some hemlock with you, I will use this as a reason to go binge on something unhealthy to show my solidarity to you and your much greater challenge. :)