So here I am, reading a case for my legal writing assignment, and I get to the end where there is a footnote. I start reading the footnote.. and realize that it is RHYMING. It is a footnote poem summing up the case and court's decision. I don't know if it was written by Wendell A. Miles, senior United States District Judge of Michigan, but it's not credited to anyone... so I am assuming it's his little tail-note to the opinion. Why all cases are not just written in rhyme I have no clue. Seems a better format, no?
Here is some footnote poetry, at its finest:
When your job is on the line but you've worked, put in your time
don't despair or lose your cool, dump some oil, now who's the fool
bribe the management and make them bristle
if all else fails, just blow the whistle
no response, so you try court but your time there may be short
because your claim did not have merit you were dismissed, now grin and bear it
hereby DENIED are a motion to amend
as well as one filed to extend.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who ever that was, must have taken tips from Tuckman
Post a Comment